Friday 13 March 2015

My Success tales - Udoka of Eudoka's place


 Hello Fellaz,

This is our first post for the success tales segment *Yipeee *Big grin. Thank God its finally here. Today, I present to you Udoka of Eudoka's place. Udoka never wanted the regular  job, but a job that would help her manage her time well; she wanted a job of her own.  she is very enterprising, has so much knowledge to share, highly talented and has a beautiful heart. She is married to a wonderful husband who supports her and is blessed with two adorable kids. Now lets get to know more about her:

Tell us about yourself?

While I was growing up, I fell in love with colors and loved all things bright and beautiful.  I am naturally a creative person who loves to be inventive with my hands so, ‘Eudoka's Place’ is just a revelation of what had always been within. I am a professional esthetician and a make-up artist.



Udoka at work


 
Full Name: Udoka Ahubelem-Nwosu
Educational Background: Bsc Accounting
Hobbies: Researching, singing, swimming and dancing.
Marital Status: Married

What is your business all about? 

Eudoka's place is a one -stop choice beauty solution outfit. We handle every thing beauty that has to do with your skin, face and body. we treat enzyma, fungi in your nails and toes and other skin defects, we offer body massage, body wash, waxing, shuddering and different types of facial-treatments. We package the the face after it has been treated by applying Make-up. we offer home services for Bridal make-up, we do dramatic make-up and runway make-up as well.

 We also have the school of Beauty (SOB) where we empower people in make-up artistry and skincare as well. we have empowered over 320 individuals professionally since inception and most of them are now captains of there own business. We also organise "I can do it myself program" where you can learn the art of make-up, we offer personal make-up classes as well for those who want to learn how to apply their own make-up professionally. 
 
School of beauty (SOB) graduates
                          
 Business Name:      Eudoka's place
Products and services you render: Make-up application, treatment, massage, body wash, waxing,              shuddering, different types of facial treatment. We also offer professional training in makeup artistry and skincare in our school of beauty.
Business Contacts:     3rd Avenue, 311 Road, D Close, House 2, festac town, Lagos.
      Facebook & instagram: Eudoka's place
            BBM pin:  7FD91271


Why did you choose this line of business?

Well, I had decided to be an entrepreneur right from childhood. This decision was influenced by my father who was retrenched from work. He was a chief accountant in a bank then and has worked so hard. After he was retrenched it took him sometime to get something else doing. Watching him pass through such made me decide to be an entrepreneur.

I tried my hands on different skills, but when I went into make-up I realised that this was it.

                   
                                 




  How much did you start your business with?

The first budget I had was N2.5 million as at 2002, I wanted a good location and all but I couldn't raise the money. Then I made a second budget of N250,000 and yet couldn't raise the money. Finally, I borrowed N30,000 from a friend and within a month I was able to pay back and even lent the person 20,000. I was able to pay back within a short while because I was focused, determined and most of all the spirit of God led me.

  
What where the initial challenges you encountered while setting-up your business?

Well, I will say I did not encounter any challenge I just saw them as a platform for growth. I encountered challenges at the point when I wanted my business to be properly structured.  I needed to serve my customers professionally as my customer base was expanding and I needed to serve them well. 


How did you overcome them?

I overcame that challenge by going for a formal training at fate foundation business school. There I was thought all I needed to know, I was accorded a mentor also.


Who is/are your mentors?

I have several mentors. The first on my list is Bishop Oyedepo, though He is not in my line of business I have learnt a lot from him. I also like Marykay, I read about her and really like how she runs her business.

                                                                                    
                                     Would you advice aspiring entrepreneurs to start this line of business?

Yes of course, it's lucrative and its something you have fun doing and also earn from.
                                               

Is there any role you think Government should play in empowering aspiring entrepreneurs?

Yes, each time I organise my graduation party I always invite officials from Amuwo local government to see if any of the graduands can get a grant from them. So the government has a role to play in offering grants to aspiring entrepreneurs especially when they have acquired the skills they need.


Your word for My Success Tales.

This really a good initiative, I believe you will be going places. It will only take a while and consistency to get there.


It was nice meeting Udoka. She was so willing to share her story. If you have questions for her. Kindly use the comment box.

Hope you are inspired by her success Tale?

2 comments: